Moorings Park's Orchid Terrace provides compassionate care delivered daily to patients and their families through the early stages of Alzheimer's and other related dementias in our brand new 16-unit Sally & Bob Fritz Lilac Care. The center is available to residents as part of the continuum of care afforded through residency at Moorings Park and is also available to residents of the greater Naples area through private pay rates.
"I’ve been so impressed with Mooring Park's organizational commitment and vision to be Simply the Best in dementia care. Moorings Park has achieved this with its new Memory Care at Orchid Terrace neighborhood with activity and engagement, friendship and fun, and loving care by well-trained care partners."
Co-author The Best Friends Approach to Alzheimer's Care and Moorings Park Dementia Consultant
Residents of Lilac Care will receive Moorings Park's award-winning continuum of care that includes social, intellectual, spiritual and recreational activities and events. When a loved one experiences memory loss, the acclaimed Best Friends™ approach offers person-centered care utilizing unique tools designed to engage residents in purposeful communication and camaraderie with their neighbors, thereby helping residents with dementia feel safe, secure and valued. Our expertise in current memory care practices and our commitment to continued research ensures an unsurpassed quality of care. In keeping with this tradition of excellence, Moorings Park is the first retirement community in Florida to bring the internationally recognized Best Friends™ approach to its memory care programs campus wide.
- Engaging residents in meaningful activity programs designed to stimulate cognitive function while addressing individual needs
- Personalized, home-like setting using a variety of designs and décor to stimulate conversation and connections, including the innovative use of Life Storyboards and personalized photo galleries presented on iPads
- Individualized care plans that allow residents to perform some of their own personal care with assistance as needed
- Family centered programs designed to enhance interaction and participation
- Outdoor gardens, patios and lanais to foster a sense of independence in a secured setting while providing a daily dosage of vitamin D
- Escort or cuing services to dining and activities, including destination-oriented locations such as entertainment in the Grand Salon, off-campus outings and more
- Physical exercise programs designed to build strength, fight depression and have fun
- Regularly scheduled music programs, as well parties and celebrations to stimulate socialization