Visiting a local farmers market is a rewarding outdoor activity for locals and tourists alike. The Third Street South Farmers Market in Naples, Florida is a renowned farmers market showcasing the best local vendors in a fantastic open-air setting. The market features a wide selection of locally-grown food, artisan crafts, and prepared food along with weekly live music. The added bonus is the shops and eateries along Third Street South after perusing the market.
Related Article: How Retirees Can Enjoy Outdoor Recreation in Naples, Florida
About the Market
The Third Street South Farmers Market has been operating for over 20 years, and some vendors have been with the market since its founding. The award-winning market has appeared on lists of the best farmers markets in the country and is a local favorite. It’s popular with families, dog owners, and visitors who want a taste of Naples.
Local vendors are the heart of the Third Street South Farmers Market. When you visit the market, you'll find local food including fresh fruit and vegetables, herbs, meat, cheese, pasta, prepared food, and baked goods. Fuel your visit with coffee or tea, and pick up some plants for your garden or home. Finally, artisan craft vendors offer handmade goods like pottery and jewelry -- perfect for gifts. You can even grab a locally-made treat for your dog. Here is just a small sampling of the more than 60 vendors who offer their goods at the market each week:
- Calamondin Cafe - This local eatery sells its sweet and savory baked goods and jam
- Black Tulip Coffee – Outstanding, freshly prepared iced and hot coffee, and locally roasted coffee beans to take home
- Eastfork Orchids - Beautiful orchids and a wealth of information about caring for them from a local nursery
- Fire & Rice - A taste of fresh, handmade paella prepared in traditional pans
- Friendly Burds - A farm that helped found the Third Street South Farmers Market, selling locally grown tropical fruits
- Captain & Krewe Seafood - This vendor supports local fishermen and offers the freshest seafood available
- Arrowhead Grass Fed Beef - The best locally raised meat
- Anita's Guacamole - A popular local vendor who always has a long line of customers for her tasty guacamole
- Gatorbait - Salsas, jellies, and sauces
- Inyoni Farm - Certified organic fruit, vegetables, and flowers
- I'm Simply Nutty - Nut milks, nut butters, and nuts
Visit the Market
The market is held year-round on Saturdays from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m.
For the busy winter season (November through April), the market is held along Third Street South between Broad Avenue and 13th Avenue South. In April, the market moves to a slightly smaller location in the Neapolitan parking lot between Third Street South and Gordon Drive. Parking can be a challenge, so make sure to arrive early and be patient when looking for a spot.
A Local Favorite
The Third Street South Farmers market is proud to have been listed in the 101 Best Farmers Markets in America by The Daily Meal, a list that focuses on highlighting markets with high proportions of local farm vendors and strong customer satisfaction. Over 8,500 markets were considered, and the listing notes that the Third Street South market is full of "delights" and is "perfect for grown-ups, children, dogs and every other member of the family".
Reviews of the market note its wide selection of products and friendly atmosphere, calling it "a great way to start your weekend" and "one of the best" farmers markets.
The Third Street South Farmers Market is just one of the many attractions that make living in Naples so satisfying. If you're interested in a move to Naples, contact us today to learn more about how you can join our wonderful community here at Moorings Park.